File a Complaint With the FTC

Get information and post information on theft of identity issues.
David A. Szwak

File a Complaint With the FTC

Postby David A. Szwak » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:35 pm

It may very well be useless, but what the hell? Right?


File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

By sharing your identity theft complaint [[$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU03]] with the FTC, you will provide important information that can help law enforcement officials across the nation track down identity thieves and stop them. The FTC can refer victims' complaints to other government agencies and companies for further action, as well as investigate companies for violations of laws the agency enforces.

You can file a complaint with the FTC using the online complaint form; or call the FTC's Identity Theft Hotline, toll-free: 1-877-ID-THEFT (438-4338); TTY: 1-866-653-4261; or write Identity Theft Clearinghouse, Federal Trade Commission, 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20580.

Be sure to call the Hotline to update your complaint if you have any additional information or problems.[/u]

Return to “Theft of Identity”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests