Sueing Jointly and Severally - can you and how?

You can post general comments and questions here. We also strongly encourage you to read the folder topics below and read the informational postings in each folder. You are also encouraged to post questions in the other folders as well. Do not be afraid to post questions or information. There are no "stupid" questions and topic-related information is always welcome. Do not spam our site as we will remove it and block your IP, email address and possibly pursue legal action against you.
HelpMe2006

Sueing Jointly and Severally - can you and how?

Postby HelpMe2006 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:36 pm

Well,

I informed the cable company that I would be filing a lawsuit for their violations of the stay and discharge of debtor and the supervisor/manager TURNED BY CABLE, DIGITAL PHONE AND INTERNET OFF.

Can I sue the cable company and the supervisor jointly and severally?

Her actions were pure malice.

David A. Szwak

Re: Sueing Jointly and Severally - can you and how?

Postby David A. Szwak » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:11 pm

[quote="HelpMe2006"]Well,

I informed the cable company that I would be filing a lawsuit for their violations of the stay and discharge of debtor and the supervisor/manager TURNED BY CABLE, DIGITAL PHONE AND INTERNET OFF.

Can I sue the cable company and the supervisor jointly and severally?

Her actions were pure malice.

Individuals can commit acts in violation of a discharge order so name them and assert vicarious liability/ respondeat superior as well [in Louisiana, we call it vicarious liability].