1681i[c]: Ruffin-Thomkins v. Experian

David A. Szwak

1681i[c]: Ruffin-Thomkins v. Experian

Postby David A. Szwak » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:24 pm

Ruffin-Thompkins v. Experian Information Solutions, Inc.
422 F.3d 603
C.A.7 (Ill.),2005.
Sep 07, 2005

Ruffin-Thompkins argues that Experian willfully and negligently failed to conduct a reasonable reinvestigation of her dispute and failed to delete the inaccurate information from her file after investigation in violation of § 1681i(a). [FN1] The parties agree that Experian is the type of "consumer reporting agency" that is regulated by the FCRA. See 15 U.S.C. § 1681a(f).

FN1. Because she did not develop arguments relating to these claims in her appellate brief, Ruffin-Thompkins has abandoned her claims that (1) Experian willfully and negligently failed to maintain reasonable procedures to assure maximum possible accuracy in its credit report in violation of § 1681e(b), and (2) Experian willfully and negligently failed to note her dispute on her report in violation of § 1681i(c). See, e.g., Hershinow v. Bonamarte, 735 F.2d 264, 266 (7th Cir.1984).

Return to “Duty to Add a Consumer's Dispute Statement in Association with a Specific Account and In Connection with the Credit File/Report: 15 U.S.C. 1681i[c]”