HOW DO YOU LIKE OUR SITE?

You can post general comments and questions here. We also strongly encourage you to read the folder topics below and read the informational postings in each folder. You are also encouraged to post questions in the other folders as well. Do not be afraid to post questions or information. There are no "stupid" questions and topic-related information is always welcome. Do not spam our site as we will remove it and block your IP, email address and possibly pursue legal action against you.
David A. Szwak

HOW DO YOU LIKE OUR SITE?

Postby David A. Szwak » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:00 pm

Please give us some insight about how you like or dislike this site...what can we do to improve it? what are your needs?

TEETOM

Like the site,got a question for David

Postby TEETOM » Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:01 pm

i love your site. alot of good info on it you helped me with a issue before.
wondering if you have any advise on having an attorney with my business.
we do credit repair. not the rip off type. we are more like a company that helps people we do it cause we enjoy helping others.if you have any advice please respond.
thank TEE TOM

David A. Szwak

Postby David A. Szwak » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:12 am

Thanks for the feedback. It has been unusually quiet lately with the onset of the holidays. Hopefully some of our web optimization plans with help push traffic to the site along with posts to the forum.

On your question, I think that CROA presents a very thorny issue for attorneys who work too closely with the business [like "in house counsel] and actually operate a firm professing to do repair [whether under a "law firm" hat, e.g., "Lexington Law Firm", or not]. The FTC has taken the position that CROA applies to attorneys.

I authored a pretty thorough opinion letter once to an attorney seeking to do credit repair as adjunct to his bankruptcy practice. He had already begun advertising and the ads were likely crossing lines which he should have avoided. FTC v. Gill and other cases are really important to consider.

Have you looked in our Credit Repair Organizations Act [CROA] folder in the Dispute Forum? There are a good number of cases there.

TEETOM

Postby TEETOM » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:20 am

Thanks David for your reply, i didnt want an attorney to work with our company more like one to keep us on top of things like new law changes or people that have things on there credit that we couldnt get off that really didnt belong we would then refer them to a attorney.

David A. Szwak

Postby David A. Szwak » Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:14 am

That is not a bad idea as you likely see a large number of inaccuracies. Statistics show that 50%-90% of all reports contain errors. While roughly half that number are serious errors [word search "chipley" in the forum], about 25%-45% globally are serious enough errors to cause credit denials. As you know, it often takes legal help to get it corrected.

LadynRed

Pushing traffic to this site

Postby LadynRed » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:23 am

I just found your site last week and it is a HUGE treasure trove of information. A huge THANK YOU for posting so much case law and other information regarding credit reporting. The fact that it comes from sources such as yourself, Mr. Edelman, and other well-known attornies in the credit arena is immensely valuable.

I am a moderator for one credit-related forum and participate in 3 others trying to help folks dealing with many credit issues including collections, bankruptcy, and all aspects of credit repair. We also try to help people with lawsuits when they're being sued or when they feel they need to sue a furnisher or the CRA's themselves. Since we don't have access to sources such as WestLaw to look up cases, your case references here are pure gold. :D

I have posted a link to this site in our forum for our members and visitors, the information you have generously posted here is invaluable !

Thank you ALL !

David A. Szwak

Postby David A. Szwak » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:01 pm

Thank you for your kind words. We will continue to bring the information to you. Please help us get the word out to consumers.

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:15 pm

We will definitely spread the word !!

creditgonebad

Great Source!

Postby creditgonebad » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:53 pm

I found your website from a link at artofcredit.com...one of the moderators over there spoke very highly of you. Other sites like AOC have a bunch of info from normal people who have fought the fight, but it is invaluable to also have a site like yours where you have an actual attorney fighting the fight. Thanks

SSCitizen

Found you through Evan Hendricks

Postby SSCitizen » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:21 pm

A google search for Coleman v. Trans Union (pg. 149 of Credit Scores & Credit Reports by Evan Hendricks) found you and am pleased to find more attorneys than outraged consumers. Where one case led me to search your site for applicable information.
We have had difficulty finding an attorney to deal with so-o-o many errors on the credit reports -
1)no response to correct errors from Capital One and several collection agencies since acct paid-in-full/closed in 2003,
2)double-reporting and re-aged a disputed account (Monaco Bankster no longer exists) by S&P stating it's a FAF acct (is that First American Financial aka Triad?),
3)Franklin was not-reporting and we complained - YIKES - ends up a mass of errors being reported, i.e. shows paid on time Jul then 60 days late for Aug, etc. (now send pymts by certified mail and no lates have been reported - but errors not corrected; And
4)have finally rec'd a Franklin transaction history...showing over $2,000 NOT APPLIED).
Others have been put out of business or made to refund monies to their victims but every lawyer we contacted was busy with bankrutcy filings; meanwhile the mortgage index raised 11 times and no way to apply for a refi to get away from a predator.
Read somewhere that you do not have a say in who your account is sold to but can ask to be sold. That may be jumping from the frying pan into the fire the way this has mushroomed into total destruction of credit. Credit Bureaus should not be allowed to publish 3rd party submissions...used to exhort money (like Credigy admitting in court they collected 80% from people who did not owe the obligation). Mortgage lenders would force you to pay these bogus accts so need to fight them first...
Any Suggestions?

David A. Szwak

Postby David A. Szwak » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:10 pm

Hello SS Citizen,

Thanks for registering and posting. It sounds like you have several types of violations occurring by different players. Our site is designed to get help to many people who have trouble finding attorneys who practice in this unique area. We really try yo avoid the appearance as a "complaint station" so to speak. There are a number of these complaint sites but the expertise of the operators varies from none to some. Evan's book is great and he occasionally drops in and is a dear friend and ally.

Bankruptcy attorneys often use a cookie cutter when viewing credit problems. Your problems do not fit their mold. You might contact someone from our listing "ABOUT THE ATTORNEYS" on this site. It is a free consultation, so what do you have to lose? If nothing else, you will learn where the violations lie and when your statutes run. If you prefer otherwise, contact National Association of Consumer Advocates [NACA] in Washington, DC, or National Consumer Law Center [NCLC] in Boston [or Washington, DC.

Best wishes and, as with all of the visitors to our site, thank you for the kind words. Enjoy the site.

Soeur

Postby Soeur » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:21 pm

Someone help me, please! I can't stop reading your website. You have created an amazing credit-related law library for consumers and attorneys, which I'm sure must have taken hundreds of hours to compile, organize, analyze and comment on the information you are sharing here. Glad I don't have to pay you by the hour :lol:

Thank you.

Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:15 am

Thank you for your kind remarks. It has been quite a task and the attorneys associated with our group are pleased to be of assistance. I try to keep the posts coming to you daily. However, sometimes I have to take a break. More to come.

David A. Szwak

PS - Sometimes I have to Login as Admin.

willy2006
Location: Minnesota 4 Years (Los Angeles, CA. today +25 years)

Postby willy2006 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:52 pm

Mr. Szwak, I found your site about a month ago and have read lots of valuable information, though I have no yet devoted ample time to read every thread posted here.

I found your website from a link at artofcredit.com...one of the moderators over there spoke very highly of you. Other sites like AOC have a bunch of info from normal people who have fought the fight, but it is invaluable to also have a site like yours where you have an actual attorney fighting the fight. Thanks

I can easily imagine that his colleagues and/or consumers regard him as the king of the FCRA. I came to appreciate his undisputable expertise in this arena of consumer law—very few people if any would disagree.

It has been unusually quiet lately with the onset of the holidays.

Many people extend their holidays to enjoy activities such as sightseeing, spending time with family, fine wine, theater, etc…

Thank you for donating your time in order to bring this site together.

bloisega

O MY GOD!

Postby bloisega » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:03 pm

i have hunted all over the internet for credit information and have never come across a Better site than this it has TONS!! of information that is truly needed in todays credit world you guys are awsome and i am Extremly GLAD i found you!!

Thanks again for all your hard work and effort!!
"G"

Sabrina

Praise for this site

Postby Sabrina » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:45 am

I am delighted at finding this site. I have been reading for about 6 hours now and still not ready tp stop. WOW at the useful information that is here. Thank You ,Thank You,Thank You....I can not wait to tell everyone I know about this site. I am sure I will be visiting here often...Thanks again... Sabrina

Return to “General Discussion”